Wednesday, November 19, 2008

JACOB MICHAEL DEAN!!!


HAPPY "10th" BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!

Jake was born on November 19, 1998 @4:32 PM. He weighed 10 pounds and 21 1/2 inches long. He was such a good looking, big, healthy baby. The nurses in the hospital couldn't believe how big he was. He was a very good baby and slept alot (probably because he started out so big). His labor was induced. I was due on November 24th, Dr. Irion let me have him early so I could be home before the Thanksgiving Holiday. He was our only baby born at Cottonwood Hospital by Dr. Richard Irion(he predicted Jake would be 8 lbs. (boy was he wrong)). Some other names we considered were (Joshua, Zachary, Nicholas, Andrew and Eli.) When he came out 10 pounds I looked at Mike and said he is definately a JAKE!!! (For some reason I pictured in my head as a Jake to be a good, strong person.) He is left handed. He is a quiet, very sensitive kid. You really never know what he is thinking. He loves, loves to hang out with Mike. He is very smart. He is fearless...he loves to skateboard, hike, bike, unicycle, rollerblade, snowboard...basically anything outside. He is a good artist and loves to play the piano. He says when he grows up he wants to be a doctor. I love him so much. I am so glad I get to be his mom.

He has a major SWEET TOOTH!!!
(His 2nd Birthday)
Our little family!!! 1999
(Jake is 1 year old)
He loves, loves DIESEL!!!

Jake's gifts: 3 pairs of pants, sweater, shirt and most favorite thing a new Skateboard!!!

Thank Heaven I never have to beg him to practice...he loves to play the piano.

More air you can get... the better!!!

He spent lots of time at Solitude with Mike and Rachel last winter.

Hiking Mount Olympus!!!

Hanging out with Ezra...one of Jakes most favorite things to do!!! They love to take pictures of each other doing pretty crazy things.

I know pretty crazy...Amy Jefferies can appreciate this one.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Hope it's an awesome day! What great pics! Em, how can our kids be getting so old, when we are so young? :) Miss you! Let's get together again soon!

The "K" in JKD said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Love your "aunt" Kristine!!

Rachel D said...

Happy birthday Jake! Luv Ya,
Rach :)

Nikki said...

What a fun post! Those were great pictures. I cannot believe how old he is...wow! Whew! Time goes by fast, doesn't it?

Evie said...

Hope he had a great birthday! Wow, he looks like he definitely knows how to work his skateboard! Hayden says hi Jake, and Happy Birthday too!:)

melanie33 said...

What a little dare devil you have on your hands! 10 years old!! crazy! Crazier that he's not even your oldest, right? slow down time, slow down...

Natalie said...

What a cute kid! He is quite the adventurous boy. I didn't see any unicycle pics? Is he still doing that? Cool that he plays the piano AND LIkES IT. Gotta love guys that play the piano ;)

Happy Happy Birthday Jake!

Natalie said...

oops! Just saw the last uni pic! Very cool!

Amy said...

I sang to Jake and gave him a hug and talked his ear off about his birthday, and all I got was a small smile from him. One day he will appreciate my great sense of humor! Happy Birthday Jake!
-amy j.

Melanie Chambers said...

Happy Birthday, Jake. Love those pictures.

dave&abby johnson family said...

OMG, your kids are rad! Those are some pretty cool pics! Dave and I are totally loving em and hoping our kids turn out as cool as yours!

Happy Birthday Jake!! Hope it's a good one and many more to come!

Tricia said...

He is such a cute kid Em! But holy cow...10 lbs.? I would die! =) Hope Jake had a great b-day!

Ruthann & Lynn said...

Love your post! HBD Jake. xoxo Ruthann