This year we decided to go and cut down our own Christmas Tree. It actually was alot of fun and the kids had a great time walking around trying to pick the perfect tree. We took our snow clothes so they sledded/snowboarded while we were there. The tree sure looked alot smaller in the woods than when we actually got it in the house. I think Mike had to cut off almost 4 feet of the tree so it would fit in our front room. I sure love the smell of a real tree but I can't say I love all the pine needles that constantly drop and having to water it (kind of a pain).
SADIE
Even DIESEL came along.




12 comments:
What a fun idea, picking out your own tree. We will have to try it one year. I love how it turned out. VERY CUTE!!
That is awesome! I love your cute tree!!
What a great story! We too are one of the last hold outs on the REAL christmas tree. We are going to go down fighting against a fake tree. Good for you guys!
how cute is that? someday I will work up the motivation to have a live tree that i have to actually take care of every day. But not this year! my pine candle will have to do :)
How fun. Can't wait to see it.
What a cool thing to cut a fresh tree in the mountains! Your kids will always remember it. Fun that they all got to be a part of it. Looks like the sledding was fun too!
And the decorated tree looks mah-ve-lous!!!
I totally miss the smell of a FRESH, REAL Christmas Tree! I'm jealous! My sister does the same thing and I think it is such a fun tradition to go and cut down your own tree! Such cute pics too! Thanks for the yummies you left on my doorstep...they were gone in a flash! =)
What a cute tree. I love the "U's" everywhere...YAY UTES!! Your family is adorable, Emily!
What a great holiday memory for your family. I love the smell of a Christmas tree in the house. We would have to get rid of Renan if we did that. He is allergic to to trees, so between the dog and the tree it might land him in the hospital.Maybe we will have to try on a year we want a break from him!or vice versa!
Amy J
Hey Emily. Got your Christmas card. Super cute and very creative. Question. How does Mike know Jared Wherli? I think he used to be in our student ward at the "U". Does he happen to be a physical therapist. Just wonderin'? It's always fun to come across people from the past.
So much fun!! Love your background too. I keep forgetting to tell you, clever Christmas card.
You know how to have an adventure. I loved your blog 'til I got to the part that said 16 days 'til Christmas. I didn't want a reminder of how little time was left! j/k xoxo Ruthann
p.s. Your tree decorators did a great job. If I did that with my grand kids, our tree would have about 5 ornaments on it before they would loose interest and Isaac and Aspen can undecorate fast, faster, and fastest.
Post a Comment