Saturday, June 20, 2009

OUR TRIP TO LAKE POWELL...June, 2009

Getting ready for Lake Powell. Mike was packing his clothes and when he came back in the room...this is what he found. I think Diesel thought he was coming with us...kind of FUNNY :)
DEANS + FUHRIMANS + JANKES + TANNERS + ADAIRS + BRUCES + JENSENS + GRANDPA CRAIG =
15 adults, 17 kids, 65 foot house boat, 2 ski boats, 2 wave runners, 4 nights, 5 days, lots of fun, wake boarding, waterskiing, surfing, platform, sleeping under the stars, great weather, smores, old maid, lizard hunting, tubing, cliff jumping, skipbo, Steph's birthday party, great conversation, late night bathing, slide, digging in the sand, face painting, necklace/bracelet making, fishing and more.
We had a chance last week to go to Lake Powell with 7 families in our ward thanks to Josh and Mandy Fuhriman. We had such a fun trip and everyone got along so well. Who would have thought 32 people could live together for 4 nights and 5 days and have no problems. I could really get used to waking up to this awesome view everyday.
THE MOMS
Judi, Me, Mandy, Diane, Steph, Melissa, JanaeOur family minus Rachel. Rachel was at Oakcrest camp the week we were in Lake Powell. We really missed her being with us...our family just wasn't complete without her.Rachel getting ready to leave for Oakcrest camp.All the kids minus Lola and Claire.Will and Sadie did the platform. I didn't get pictures of Sadie because I was too busy videoing.Mike tried surfing . He said it was really weird being that close to the boat. Jake wakeboarding. When I was actually on the boat watching him wakeboard...I was videoing so I didn't get great pictures. He is a natural. He did a great job going in and out of the wake. Pretty good for his first time. Mike still is an AWESOME skiier. He hasn't been in almost 13 years.Jensens brought 2 wave runners. Everyone had such a great time riding them around.Graice, Janae, SadieSadie, Mike, Jake...cliff jumping.Maggie, Ashley, Sadie, Sassy, OliviaLooking for lizards...Jake, Will, Jonah, SamThe kids loved the slide...WillJakeSadieIt's dessert time.This is how we slept. (14 mattresses) . It was one big sleepover under the stars. Thank heaven we didn't have any rain because that may have been a problem. Janae and MeMe and JudiMaking necklaces/bracelets...thanks to Steph for bringing the supplies.Ready for some boating fun...Jake, Will, Luke, Max
Graice, Sadie, Ashley, Allie...after Janae did all their hair.
Sam, Luke, Will, Jake, Sadie, Olivia
More tubing...Will and Jake
Sadie, Olivia, Jake
Playing Old Maid.
Did somebody say smores?
Melissa, Me, Judi, Janae Janae = awesome skiier, wakeboarder, surfer...you ROCK :)
Hanging by the fire:
Me, Mike, Christian, Jeremy, Melissa, Judi, RyanRyan, Judi, Ric, Steph, Mike
Fun playing on the water.
Sweet Will :)
THE END!!!
Hopefully someday we will be invited back. Thanks Fuhrimans and Grandpa Craig for an awesome trip.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

what a great trip, it looks like you had so much fun!

nielsons*love*family said...

looks super fun!!!

janae said...

Aaaaaah thanks Em:) It was such a great trip! I am glad that Mike joined us on our early morning ski runs:)

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh man, I am jealous!!! Looks like you guys had a great time! And now I hear you are in Florida!? Geeze, how come you don't come to West Virginia? ;)

Natalie said...

What a blast! Don't you love how Mike hasn't been waterskiing for 13 years and how awesome he is?!! Must be all of those marathons!

You guys are the travellin' fam. I love it!

Tricia said...

What fun pics! Looks like a great time!!

Kim said...

That looks so fun! I hope Rachel had fun at Oakcrest. I loved it when I went. Great pictures!

melanie33 said...

man, you guys know how to have fun!! love that last pic of will and you. you need to frame that one!