RACHEL ELIZABETH DEAN
Rachel was born on June 6, 1996 @ 7:36 PM. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 19 inches long. She was born 2 days over the due date. My water broke around 11:30 AM on the 6th. I delivered her at St. Marks Hospital with Catherine Wheeler as my doctor. They were so busy that she was delivered in a storage room at the hospital. She was such a good baby she slept through the night the first few days home from the hospital. She literally slept the first three weeks of her life day and night...I don't know if it was because it was summer and our apartment we lived in was hot but we loved it. It was so fun for us to be first time parents. We had a great time dressing Rachel up and playing house. Some other names we considered for Rachel were: Courtney, Ashley, Lindsey, Eliza, Rebecca, Bridget, Sadie, Chloe and Danielle. We couldn't decide so we narrowed it down to Lindsey, Rebecca and Rachel. We wrote down our top two choices and hoped that the same name would be on both lists. Luckily it worked out. Mike picked Rachel and Rebecca and I picked Lindsey and Rachel...so RACHEL it was. Rachel is such a joy to be around. She is very creative and keeps us entertained. She loves most sports and has a great heart. I love to have talks with her at night and consider her one of my BEST FRIENDS. We love you Rachel...Thanks for "13" great years...we can't wait for what is a head for you.
Mike graduated from the University of Utah on June 7th. I missed out on seeing him walk but he came to the hospital after and saw me and Rachel. When they gave him his diploma they announced he was a new daddy.
Rachel was blessed in my Grandma Ashton's dress... it is over 100 years old.
She was such a chubby, happy baby :)
Her preschool graduation...Kindergarten here I come.
1st day of Kindergarten. That was a big day at our house since she was our first to go to public school.
Rachel loves, loves Diesel. He usually picks to sleep with Rachel at night. Watching her take care of Diesel makes me realize she will be such a good mom one day.She loves to spend as much time as she can with Sydney and Zoe.
I love to listen to her play the piano. She has had a great time taking lessons from Grandma Ruthie and getting to know her better.I LOVE YOU :)



11 comments:
Rachel was the chubbiest little baby ever!!! So dang cute. SHe is such a great girl and Syd is so lucky to have her as a BFF. Thanks for inviting us girls to do Pedis today. Hope Rachel had a great 13th B-day!!
And good luck to you with that!!! Just kidding, I'm sure Rachel will be a GREAT teenager...she's such a cutie! I can't believe she is 13 and Tiare is almost 14...craziness!!!
Rachel, you are the cutest teenager, I am soooo not ready for you to be this old. Congrats on the new cell phone. Can I text you when I need a babysitter?
LOVE the baby pics!! i am not showing grace the cell phone pics!!
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
We LOVE Rachel!! I can remember that chubby baby! I also remember Troy babysitting her just days/weeks after she was born while we went to the gym!
Love ya little Rache
You guys are the parents of a teenager. Good luck. I'm sure you'll breeze right through with Rachel, she is such a good sweet kid. Wish her a happy late birthday
You have a teenager?! WOW! She is adorable.
you have a teenager. you have a teenager. I just keep saying it and it doesn't make it any more real. i am sure that you are doing the same thing. blink man, and they are all grown up, right?
I love the pictures of Rachel. She was such a cute baby! How is it that our kids keep getting older while we stay the same age? I just don't get it :)
I think my favorite picture was the chubby baby pic. I also think the Halloween picture of her being a superhero looks like it could be on some advertisement for an energy drink or something.
Post a Comment