Monday, November 23, 2009

THANKFUL

I am THANKFUL for so many things: A Loving Husband, Great Kids, 2 Supportive Families, Awesome Friends, Diesel, Mike's Job, Health, A Testimony, A Home, Food, Miracles, Prayer and Most of all Faith in Jesus Christ.

Our lesson in relief society yesterday was so touching and it really made me start to think. It was about Faith in Jesus Christ. We talked about things in our lives and the ways we can handle them. It is so true if we have good attitudes and know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us and we live the way they want us to, we will be blessed. I am not a depressive person but in the last few months I have to admit I have been a little. I don't know if it is the business of Christmas or what, but I have just been a little down. Sometimes I think I don't want to go to church and I don't feel like exercising today or doing the things around the house that need to be done. I have taken some time and just laid around and not been productive. Although it was nice to be lazy a few days, I realized it just isn't me. I quickly started to enforce scripture study again with my kids & Mike. I set some dates on the calendar to go to the temple. I really believe that when we do what we should we are happier. I know that I CAN take some time for myself but I also need to remember to make sure I am doing the things Christ would want me to do. In our lesson we talked about we teach our kids to be good students, good athletes, good at an instrument, good friends, but have we taught them about Faith in Jesus Christ? I want my kids to know that I do have a testimony of this gospel and it has brought me so much joy in my life. I love my Saviour and am trying to be more like him. I am glad that I am done with most of my Christmas Shopping because I really want to enjoy the month of December and not have to get caught up in the traffic and shopping. I want to slow down and enjoy this Holiday Season and remember whose birth we are REALLY celebrating. Sister Jacobson gave us a bookmark yesterday in relief society that had this quote: "If in the end you have not chosen Jesus Christ it will not matter what you have chosen"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! May you all be THANKFUL for the many blessings in your lives.

6 comments:

janae said...

Thanks for a great reminder Em!! I think I need one of those bookmarks:) What a great testimony.

Tricia said...

I LOVE that bookmark saying...I wish I had been able to stay! Sweet, sweet post Em...thanks for reminding ME of all thats important too!

melanie33 said...

great post, emily... i could do with a little positivity. It is real work sometimes to look on the bright side of things, but definitely worth the effort!

nielsons*love*family said...

thanks em--i needed that reminder today~

The "K" in JKD said...

Thanks for the lesson update...maybe you could do it every week, so I can get my little fix. It sounds like I missed another good one! Love ya! Don't know what I would do without you!

Melanie Chambers said...

oh that was such a nice post. I am thankful for such a great sister.