Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DRIVERS PERMIT

Last week I took Rachel to get her drivers permit. After spending a quality 2 hrs+ of waiting with her at the DMV she walked out with her permit :) Now she is able to drive with an adult next to her. The day she got her permit we went up to our cabin above Oakley and I told her she could drive from Oakley to the gate for the 10 miles. Well my mom was with us and she said Rachel just be sure you don't hit a deer. Ha, Ha, Ha. We were driving along and a deer ran RIGHT IN FRONT of our car. It pretty much shocked all of us and especially Rach since it was her first driving experience. Luckily she was going the speed limit and didn't hit the deer. The crazy thing about the story is I think in the 25+ years we have had the cabin a deer has NEVER jumped in front of our car. Watching Rachel drive under those circumstances just reconfirmed to me just how mellow and easy going she is. Made me happy to see how she handled the situation and that she will be a good, cautious driver. I have to admit since she has gotten her permit I have hardly driven and I am LOVING it (plus she likes to go on errands with me now, hmmm wonder why???) I can't wait until she can do errands ALONE for me.... now THAT will be nice :)
HAPPY DRIVING RACHEL!!!

2 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

cutest girl ever. How did we miss out on 711 slurpees? I don't think they have them out here.

zoe said...

i dont know if rachel driving is safe? haha just kidding. six more days and i can actually drive rachel!!!