After skiing on President's Day I took Jake to Blue's Barbers and he cut his hair :) I have wanted him to cut it for awhile now. After talking to him and letting him know I was speaking in ward conference that next Sunday and all the stake representatives were gonna be there and that it would mean alot to me... he decided he would cut it :) I seriously am so beyond grateful for the awesome person Jake is and the young man he is becoming. I don't think many 17 year olds would cut their hair for their momma and he did :) He is such a great kid and I am so beyond grateful for him and our sweet relationship. Raising teenage boys has been so different than a girl. Jake isn't quite the talker like Rachel was so to get into Jake's world is a little harder. I love that he still tells me he loves me and when we do talk he will open up and share some of his thoughts. Jake you will always hold a special spot in my heart and I love you So, So much! Thank you for not being too cool to give me hugs and make me feel loved. You are the best. You cutting your hair has been one of my top presents so far as a parent. Love you Jake! :)
ps... the cashier in Blue's when we paid at the end said I had no idea you were this handsome under all that hair when you came in... I think that helped Jake feel better about his decision :)
No comments:
Post a Comment