Friday, February 27, 2009

CHURCH BALL

Our Thursday nights just won't be the same...Rachel's last Ward Basketball game was last night and boy is it sure great ENTERTAINMENT. They came so close to moving on to regions but I guess the "3" point loss last night made it their last game. I love watching the girls play because they just have such a great time and try their best and there isn't the competitiveness you sometimes get with organized community sports. Nothing better than a shocked look when the ball actually goes IN the BASKET. It sure brings back great memories of when I was in Young Women's playing church ball. I do have to admit my favorite was softball but I sure loved basketball too. It is so weird for Mike and I to think Rachel will be a true "teenager" in June. Time is flying but we are sure enjoying the ride. I couldn't imagine life without Rachel and her awesome friends. She is truly a "good girl" and such a great "spiritual person". I think she definately has her head on ALOT better than I did when I was 12 years old.
I LOVE YOU RACH :)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love how active your kids are Em! Following in yours & Mike's footsteps...

Kim said...

That's awesome that she's into sports. Josh refuses to play church ball. He HATES sports. He's into other things, though. He's a good kid. We're too young to have teenagers, aren't we?

Amy said...

Ward basketball was definitely high entertainment this year. The girls were so funny together, they would all laugh at the mistakes they would make.We always had a great turnout because the girls had so much fun together. As far as Rachel goes I love that she is so responsible.....she is a great Beehive President!

Erika said...

I can't believe Rachel is even old enough to play church ball. It makes me sad how quick all our little kiddies are growing up. On a side note, we need to reschedule dinner. I want to see you guys.