Monday, April 20, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY..."16" YEARS :)

AT OUR "OLYMPUS HIGHSCHOOL" GRADUATION
Funny thing is we weren't even dating yet. We have been in the same group of friends since we were 12. Mike and I started to date July after we graduated from Highschool in 1990. We really became good friends during our senior trip to Capistrano Beach that summer. We rode bikes and did alot of fun things the summer before his mission. We dated until October 1990 when he went on his Mission to Budapest, Hungary.AT THE AIRPORT BEFORE HE LEFT FOR HUNGARY
We wrote his whole mission. I had one of those triangle date counters that I crossed off each day he was gone. It was such a LONG 2 years but was so fun to get to know each other so much better while he was on his mission. We wrote lots of very LONG letters...no email yet.
OUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTO
We got engaged on Christmas Eve about 5 weeks after he came home from his mission. We had about a 4 month engagement. We just couldn't keep our hands off each other :)OUR WEDDING DAY...APRIL 19, 1993
The weather was so random...snowed on the way to the temple and was sunny blue skies when we were done with the ceremony...I guess kind of like the weather we have been having lately...gotta love Spring in Utah :)
AT OUR RECEPTION
We had a reception at the Old Meeting House on Highland Drive.
TODAY
I can't believe it has been "16" years. I love you Babe. Can't wait for the next "16+ years"... bring on all the GOOD times.

11 comments:

janae said...

I LOVE the pics!! Happy Anniversary you two!! Em Loved the big hair back in the days:)

Lindz said...

You look soooo young! Happy Anniversary!

nielsons*love*family said...

lovin' the big hair too---i hid all my 80's/90's pictures, i was afraid my kids would use them for blackmail!! LOL!
congrats~!

Melanie Chambers said...

Oh you guys are so cute. 16 years...seriously!!

Evie said...

CONGRATS! What a cute couple!:) You both looked way to young to be getting married!:)

Tricia said...

What a cute, cute post! I won't even comment on the big hair because mine was SO much bigger! =) I love the pics...then and now! What an awesome couple!!!

Weisenbeck Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 16 years.

melanie33 said...

i had forgotten how much our stories were similar. so fun to see those pictures! you guys were babies! just like we were :)

Kim said...

Your pictures are so cute! You guys look so young. We're coming up on 18 years! It's crazy. Happy anniversary!

samandbrodi said...

Those are great pics. You looked fabulous (and still do) and Mike was one stylin' dude (and still is).

We also had our reception in the Old Meeting house...good times. Anyway, happy anniversary!

Amy said...

Em, I love all of the pics of you guys!!! Congrats on 16 years! You guys are seriously one of my favorite couples because you are just so cute together and genuinely in love. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!