Friday, October 23, 2009
FALL is in the air...and I LOVE it !
Fall is by far my FAVORITE season during the year. Watching the leaves change and fall is so amazing to me. I could just sit outside for hours and watch the gorgeous mountainside. The other night I was at Jake's football scrimmage at Cottonwood Highschool and sitting there with the mountain view was absolutely breath taking. I am so grateful we live in a place that has 4 seasons. We are lucky to get to experience weather changes all year long. I just wish FALL would last a little longer. My favorite thing to do on Sundays is to go on drives and hikes especially when you get to see the awesome leaves changing colors. One Sunday (10/11/09) I said lets get in the car and go see the fall leaves up Guardsman Pass. Well when we got to the top the leaves weren't pretty like I thought and we were greeted with snow. It was quite disappointing that we had missed the leaves and they had already fallen.
The next Sunday (10/18/09) I said lets try Millcreek Canyon maybe Guardsman was too high and we will have better luck up Millcreek. We hit the leaves at a perfect time up Millcreek. The drive was absolutely gorgeous.
When we got to the top of the canyon we decided to go and take a little hike and try to get some pictures with the leaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love how you and Mike always take a picture together. I really miss the Utah mountains. However, the leaves are really really pretty here in the midwest. Next time you visit it should be in the fall and you can enjoy twice the gorgeousness.
I agree-fall goes TOO FAST! Awesome you took a few drives up the canyons with your fam. We're lucky to live so close to the mountains. The photo with you and Mike is cute.
Yesterday, our kids played in a big pile of leaves all afternoon. Today, the snowstorm hit! Night and day with Utah weather.
Post a Comment