Here Goes...
1) I remember delivering fliers to earn money to go to
2) I remember when I was about 8 peeing in Beth Mason’s van at a baseball game and her mom got so mad, unfortunately I think I may have helped ruin the friendship between my mom and hers over that (SORRY MOM).
3) I remember sitting in the Hill’s backyard on their tramp and Debbie and Jana were telling me and Amy Richards how babies were made (I was probably about 10 and Amy was 8). I still remember that I got in trouble from Amy’s mom because they all said I told her. I was grounded from her for a week.
4) I remember when we moved to SLC from
5) I remember when I was a sophomore in High School I got my first job at Wendy’s (yes Wendy’s) It was so hard we had to work so late and it was super greasy…the things I would do to make a buck.
6) I remember when my Grandma Ashton came to live with us…she lived with us the last year of her life. I remember shortly after she died (when I was 6) without my mom knowing...I moved all my stuff in her old bedroom. So much for letting my mom greave…grandmas gone….oh good I think I will take her room.
7) I remember swinging on the monkey bars at recess when I was 7 and biting my tongue almost in half and it was just hanging there. I had to put salt on it and it just healed itself.
8) I remember many trips to the cabin and getting 3rd degree burns on my legs twice in the same summer from riding our motorcycle. The first of the summer the burn it was about the size of a 50 cent piece and it hurt super bad. It was almost healed and the last ride before we were going home at the end of the summer I was riding with Mel and we tipped and I burned my leg about oh size of the bottom of a 2 liter bottle (you can still see my scar today). I was taken home then Eric Andersen our neighbor across the street helped clean it. Mel stayed up at the cabin with my mom and no one knew she was burned when we left so Mom had to clean hers up at the cabin. After that I learned not to ride the motorcycle in shorts...I mean you would have thought I would have learned after the first burn...but NO!
9) I remember vacuuming for Steve and Pat Jackson (when I was about 12). They paid me $6 a time and I would vacuum for 2 hours every other week. I thought I was making some good money. (ROBBERY)
10) I never had stitches or a broken bone as a child (I never even had the chicken pox). My mom would kid around with me that the family Doctor didn’t even know I existed because I rarely got sick. I think when I had my own babies they sucked all my immunities out so I have definitely been more sick as an adult than I was as a child.
....and that my friends are some of my CRAZY childhood memories.
***I tag ANY of my blogging friends that want to go down MEMORY lane...it was actually kind of FUN!
5 comments:
Those are funny and I don't think I knew about half of those. I will start working on my post today so you can laugh, too. I am SOOO glad you blog. It makes me feel connected with you. Love yah.
Okay, those were pretty funny stories. I can't tell you how many times I got burned from a motorcycle, it was at least once a summer.
Em your so funny, I can't believe you peeed in someones van thats awsome. Thanks for the great post, it was most entertaining.
I love that I know several of the people you mention here. It makes the story that much funnier. Where is your cabin?
I remember the burn on your leg. The peeing in the van takes the cake! And no broken bones/stitches? Lucky you. Knock on wood. You have a great memory for all of those stories.
Sadie's Bday party looked super fun. Our girls are growing up!
Post a Comment