Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SUMMER SURVIVAL ---101---

The top "3" things that have helped us survive the summer heat:

***THE CABIN
We are so lucky to have my parents cabin we have access to every 3 weeks. It is just 10 miles past Oakley so close enough that I can take the kids up for a few days here and there. I love going up there and spending time with family and friends. It is just nice to escape the heat and not worry about daily jobs around the house. Thanks mom and dad for making it available for us to enjoy.
The kids love feeding the horses in the meadow.

The 4 wheelers are always a hit.
The last time we went my sister Amy brought up some hula hoops. I guess I still have some moves =)***THE DEAN POOL
The kids love to go swimming at Mike's parent's pool. It is so nice it is CLOSE and FREE. I haven't taken too many swimming pictures this summer...I guess we still have 3 weeks so there is some time.
***SEVEN PEAKS
We bought season passes this summer with The Tanner's...a family in our ward. It was the best investment for us. We paid $35 per person and have already been 4 times. The only bummer thing is it is quite a drive since it is in Provo but it kills a day and the kids have loved the slides.
It is crazy that school starts in less than 3 weeks. I never thought I would say this but the summer break has gone a little TOO fast. Don't get me wrong I am definately in need of some structure and ME TIME....but I will miss the laziness of a SUMMER day.

I hope you all ENJOY your last few days of fun with your kids!!!

2 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

Oh how Brad wishes he could go to a waterpark. He loves waterparks! I love that a 40 minute drive to provo is long for you guys. That's like how long it takes for me to get to playgroup! Miss the cabin and hope you'll be able to come up in September for a few days.

Jen said...

ok, ok, you have time to have fun and blog... your just amazing! What more can I say!?! J/K I love the pic of Will? going off the diving board in all the tubes. And the camping? Girlfriend now I know whay Mike was so after you. Cute girls that camp are priceless. :) Take care and I'll see you around!!!!