Jake received the priesthood today after church. Both of our parents were there to support Jake. It was a very spiritual experience. We all sat in a room and the bishop first bore his testimony about the priesthood than he asked each of us if there was something we wanted to say to Jake. I went first and I told Jake how proud I am of him and his choice to receive the priesthood and that I hope he will always live a life that he can be worthy to use his priesthood power. I am so grateful to now have 2 priesthood holders in our home. It was so touching to see as me, both grandpas, my mom and Mike all told Jake how much we loved him and bore our testimony of the importance of this gospel and what the priesthood means to us that Jake sat in his chair with tears flowing down his face. It really is amazing to me to see our kids grow and feel the spirit in their own lives and gain their own testimonies. I am especially thankful at this time of year to be a wife and a mom to these kids that are teaching me so much. They are my world and I wouldn't want to go on this journey in life without them. (I just wish it would slow down a little.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe Jake is that old already. I totaly agree that time needs to slow down. See ya this week for some turkey!
sounds like a great experience! Awesome to have all of Jake's grandparents there. Can't wait to see him pass the sacrament next week.
Post a Comment