Sunday, June 19, 2011

FATHERS DAY

Today in church Mike and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting on Father's in the scriptures. I wanted to add a little personal touch to my talk so I asked the kids to all write something down about Mike. As I started to read through my talk (while I was practicing at home) I choked up every time when I got to the end so I decided not to read their thoughts because I didn't want to sound like a blubbering idiot up on the stand. I decided I would just put it on my blog.

I am so grateful for Mike and his love and patience and knowledge of the gospel. I am so lucky to get to go through this journey of raising our kids together. I love his witty sense of humor. He always makes me laugh. He is truly my best friend and I love him very much.

RACHEL SAID: I love how my dad is always there for me. He is always at my games cheering me on and wanting me to do my best at everything. He gives really good advice and is easy to talk to. I love how he is so friendly to everyone, fun to be around, and has a good sense of humor. I admire his strong testimony in the church. I love him very much.

JAKE SAID: I love my dad because he is supportive in my sports and is really funny and athletic. He likes to play games with our family and spend time with us. I am really glad he is my dad and he is the best dad I know. I admire that he went on a mission like I want to some day. I love him very much.

WILL SAID: I love my dad because he is very nice and always does things with his family like play board games and playing wii/Xbox etc. I love it how he always tries to come to all of my soccer games and tries not to get stuck at work to come home to his family. I love how my dad has a little kid inside of him because he has never grown out of going to arcades, amusement parks, and water parks. I am so glad he is my dad I love him very much.

SADIE SAID: I love my dad because he always comes to my soccer games. He plays with me. He is always nice to me. He helps me. He plays games with me. I love him very much.My dad has always been a good example to me of service and hard work. He has dedicated his life to his family and to the gospel. I am so grateful for his influence he has in my life and the lives of Mike and my kids. I am thankful for his testimony. I love him very much.My Father inlaw is an example of hard work and patience. I am so grateful for his example of someone that loves his family. He is always so supportive in anything we do. I am thankful for the influence he had in Mike's life and helping make Mike the great dad he is to our kids by his great example. I love him very much.HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to "3" of the greatest DADS I know :)

2 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

We love that Mike of yours too. He's a great great guy. I was thinking you were going to post your entire talk. I was curious to read it.

nielsons*love*family said...

you guys did a great job!!