A few weeks ago I did the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon with a friend in my ward. Mandy is a serious die hard and is doing lots of races this spring and summer. She had on her list to do the Salt Lake 1/2 and since I love to run she talked me into it. The problem was I WAS NOT ready for this race. Training in the winter in 30 degree weather is super hard and when spring finally came it was hard to get out with allergies my throat and head seemed to always be stuffed up and scratchy . Needless to say I didn't train like I should have and after mile "5" I paid the price. I literally had to stop after each mile and walk. Not only that I had to stop at mile 10 and go to the bathroom. AWESOME! Mike met me at mile 9 and ran the last 4 miles with me. I was SO GLAD to see him. I lost Mandy at about mile 6. She did an AWESOME job!
At the start...
At the start...
Mandy: 1 hr 56 minutes
Me: 1 hr 59 minutes
It was fun to see my parents at the finish line :)
Next its..
RACE FOR THE CURE!





No comments:
Post a Comment