Jake and Will were ordained yesterday in church. Jake was ordained a Teacher and Will a Deacon. It was so nice to be able to do it on the same day. Both sets of Grandparents came to support them.

I even bore my testimony in sacrament meeting which is HUGE for me :) I wanted to write my testimony so my kids have it in writing of how I felt on this special day. It is always hard to stand without anything written down because I feel like I don't make sense and I leave things out. This is how I wanted my testimony to go...
I even bore my testimony in sacrament meeting which is HUGE for me :) I wanted to write my testimony so my kids have it in writing of how I felt on this special day. It is always hard to stand without anything written down because I feel like I don't make sense and I leave things out. This is how I wanted my testimony to go...
I want my kids to know that I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I want them to know that if they follow and live the principles of the gospel that it will only bring them happiness in their lives. I want our boys to know how proud I am of them for being worthy to receive the priesthood. I am grateful to now have 3 priesthood holders in our home. I have seen the priesthood bless my life, my family's lives and friends lives first hand so I am very grateful for it. I want Rachel to know how much I appreciate her and her sweet testimony. She is an amazing girl and is always teaching me. You think you teach your kids but really they are always teaching us. Because of Rachel I faithfully read in my scriptures each night. I love the time I get to spend with Sadie at night while we lay in bed and she reads her 20 minutes and then we finish off with a chapter in the Book of Mormon. Time is moving so quickly and it makes me sad how fast she is growing as well as our other kids. I want Mike to know how much I love him and that he is truly my BEST FRIEND. I admire how he serves in his scout calling (going on 6 years) and never complains. Meeting each Wednesday, monthly camps, week long summer camps and meetings twice a month. He is such a great dad and good example to our kids. I love serving in the Relief Society presidency and getting to know the sisters I serve with better. It is fun to meet each week and spend time with them. I am so grateful for this time of year to be able to celebrate Christ's birth and REMEMBER him. I hope our kids can always remember the true meaning of CHRISTmas. I love all of my family and friends and am so grateful to live in this great area where our kids can be taught and learn from all of you. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
2 comments:
Whoa. So much to comment on. First of all, your hair is really pretty and blonde and long. Second of all, the kids are all so cute. I wish we lived closer. They don't even know us!! I love that I can see them from the blog, though. I miss Utah and all of you.
Thanks for your testimony. That is the single most important thing you can teach your kids...to love the Savior and know He loves them. You're an awesome mom.
Love, Mel
That's a great testimony Em. You have great kids. So glad you live close and that our kids are friends.
Post a Comment