I ran in the Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon the last Saturday of August with Mandy one of my friends in my ward. I actually took Molly's spot because she got pregnant and didn't want to run. Mandy didn't want to do it alone so I filled in. It made it nice because I didn't care at all about time or anything. Heck it was Molly's name I was running under not mine :) I loved the course and race. Logan is such a pretty place and I am so excited that my little sister Melanie and her family are moving there next August. Rachel is really considering going to Utah State. I hope that all works out because it is a great little city. Mandy got sick at about mile 3 so we really took it easy. She had taken an energy drink and a Sudafed and I don't think they really mixed well together. She kept saying just go ahead and I'll see you at the finish. I was like, ummm I am only doing this to do it with you since I hadn't even registered. I decided since I have done 1 marathon and I know I can physically do that, I am now more of a social runner. I don't really care about time or anything anymore. We didn't do too bad. 2 hrs 12 min. It was fun to spend the night with Mandy at the Marriott the night before in Logan. We had the giggles and just had fun being together. Love you Mandy! I think you are pretty awesome!!! xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment