It has now been a month since I was called as the new Young Women's President in our ward. Pretty cool experience since 8 months ago I had a revelation that I was going to be the next president. I'm pretty sure it was the Holy Ghost that told me so I could prepare myself so that I would not FREAK out when I was called. :) It is just so weird to me that I have had these feelings for so long and it actually happened! Our first joint activity that I was in charge of was a Christmas party for the special needs primary. (Pretty cool because this is the same primary that I went and did service for when I was a youth! :) We had 34 of our youth show up to this activity. Pretty amazing since it was at 3:30 on a Tuesday. Our kids really know how important this activity is so they put other things aside and made sure to be there :) We did 3 stations, decorated bags, sang Christmas carols and Santa came. It was so fun for me to see the youth in our ward interact with these special people. I was especially touched by our two boys Jake and Will. They stayed with their buddies the whole activity and Jake even let him hold his hand. Ahhhh its times like these that I am going to LOVE, LOVE being a leader to these awesome youth! Thank you so much for your great examples and showing so much love and service to these special friends! I already love all of you!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment