Sunday, April 3, 2016

~~THE ROAD HOME~~

Some of our Youth and Leaders had the opportunity to serve at the Road Home Homeless shelter the first Wednesday in March.  We took some activities and did rotations for about 30 kids that are staying there.  Times like this sure make me grateful for the life we have.  We truly are blessed :) It is very humbling to see these families live in these circumstances and especially the sweet kids that don't have a choice.  Unfortunately, the activity was on a night that Olympus High basketball had a playoff game up at the U of U so we had quite of few youth missing to go to that game (which I don't blame them) but we were super grateful for those that came and made an impact on these sweet kids.  Or should I say more importantly these sweet kids made an impact on us!  These service opportunities are life changing and another reason I am grateful to be a part of this gospel that helps make these opportunities available for all of us :)

No comments: