Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mount Olympus ...Labor Day Weekend

Dad and Jake climbed Mt Olympus over labor day weekend. They talked Uncle Steve, Adam, Uncle Brett, Alex and Grandpa Robert into going with them. It is Jake and Dads 3rd time climbing it together. Jake loves, loves to hike he is a little mountain lion. He has no fear and seems to never wear out. This is a tradition that they are hoping to keep going for a while. Rachel climbed it last year over Labor Day with her friend Sydney and her dad. Next year will probably be Will's first time to climb. Someday I will get there but probably not until everyone can go (Sadie)...at least until than I have some sort of an excuse. Much needed rest. Grandpa Robert made it to the saddle but his knees are bad and he decided to turn back. Quite impressive he could make it that far.
On the top!!! I am told it is a very grueling straight up hill climb.


2 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

I love the view from the top of Mt. Olympus. You need to do it, Em. The view is really worth it.

Natalie said...

Way to go Mike and Jake and the rest of the fam! Em, your Dad is so athletic! You could easily do this hike. Just pack Sadie in a backpack carrier.... (j/k) Bring her over to my house to play with Leah for a few hours while you climb. Beautiful view!! I hiked it many years ago.