Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sadie turns "5"

"SADIE KATHERINE DEAN"

Sadie was born on January 13, 2004 @9:38 AM. She weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. & 19 inches.She was our only baby born in the morning. She was due on January 29th. My water broke and I wasn't sure so I drove myself to the hospital about 2:00 AM. When I got there they checked me and said yes your water has broken call your husband. I delivered her at St. Mark's hospital with Catherine Wheeler as the doctor. My cousin Allyson was in nursing school and she assisted with the birth...it was quite a surprise to see her there but exciting she was able to help with the birth. Sadie was such a cute baby. She had the most hair of all our kids. You could almost braid her hair when she came out. Some other names we considered were: Bridget, Rebecca, Eliza, Kate and Chloe....we actually had narrowed it to 3 in the hospital Chloe, Rebecca and Sadie - Mike liked Rebecca and Sadie and I liked Chloe and Sadie so SADIE it was. She is such a fun person to have around. She is very funny and has a great laugh. She is a good artist. She is left handed like Jake which is weird because neither Mike or I are. She loves to play with her barbies and polly pockets, swim, dance, ride her bike and most of all play with FRIENDS!!!

It is so fun looking back at old pictures:
Here are the kids on Sadie's blessing day.
Rachel - 7, Jake - 5, Will - 3
That hair was truly amazing. It was so curly and was always changing colors.
Lovin the licorice.
At our old house on our deck.
We had the best view of South Jordan and the Jordan River Temple. There were 12 cows and 4 horses that lived behind us. Sadie loved to feed them.
I just want to squeeze her.
"The Birthday Girl"
Sadie's birthday celebration started on Sunday, January 11th
and ended on Wednesday, January14th.
She was very determined to have a smiley face cake.
We decided to make it a SUNSHINE smiley face.
The grandparents came on Sunday, January 11th for dinner and presents.
Grandma Ruthie and Grandma Judy
Grandpa Robert and Grandpa Roger
Monday, January 12th was Sadie's preschool birthday celebration. She took a poster that told things all about her. I went and read the children her favorite book. (Princess Smarty Pants Rules)

Sadie and Miss Denise

Tuesday, January 13th on her birthday I took Sadie up to Solitude with some other friends in our ward and they took their first ski lesson. She got kind of sad during the lesson so she sat with me for the last 45 minutes. Maybe if it would have been any other day I would have said stick it out and get back on the hill. I was a softy because it was her birthday...the good thing is she says she will try it again.
Dinner at Hires and presents from the family.
Wednesday, January 14th she had a birthday party with 6 of her friends. We played games, ate pizza and opened presents. It is so easy to please (7) 4/5 year olds.
(clockwise): Zaniya, Grace, Sadie, Allie, Graice, Ashley, Brooklyn
Happy Birthday Sadie...We love you!!!

PS. I am ready for a break: Jake B-day: November 19, Will B-day: November 27, Christmas, Will's baptism: January 3rd and now Sadie. Thank heaven Rachel's birthday isn't until June...YEEHAAA!!!

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! I love her baby pictures and I remember all of her hair. Looks like a fun celebration this week.

nielsons*love*family said...

happy birthday! grace had hair like that too when she was born~ and how weird WE (the nielson's) have TWO lefties as well and neither kyle nor i are left handed either...go figure!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Happy birthday Sadie! Too cute and I love that you took her skiing. I can't wait to put tiny skis on Aspen!!

Melanie Chambers said...

Oh sadie dean. I love that you made a bright yellow cake with chocolate kisses in a smiley face. Rachel Ray eat your heart out there is a new cook in town.

Nikki said...

Awww...she's so cute! 5 already? I didn't know she and Malia were so close in age! It was fun seeing you at the movie even though we were running past each other and couldn't talk. Maybe we should actually plan a time when we (the girls) can go to a movie!! Call me!

Amy said...

Wow. I still remember visiting you and Sadie at the hospital. She is soooooo cute!!!

Amy said...

I too would love to squeeze her! She doesn't quite appreciate it coming from me though. A few Sundays ago she couldn't find you at church so she sat on my lap for awhile.It was hard not to squeeze her, so I sat quietly and enjoyed just holding her.I hope she had a marvelous birthday!
-amy j

The Peach.... said...

I can't believe she is already 5......your baby!!!!!!! She is SO cute.

Tricia said...

Oh Em, that first picture of her as a newborn is so yummy! Those cheeks....I LOVE them! She is a darling little girl! What a cute, cute post! Now, go grab yourself a big diet coke...no more birthdays till June...yeah for you! =)

janae said...

We sure do love Sadie, I love that she and Graice are buddies!! i love that pic of all of the girls, I might need a copy of that one:)

samandbrodi said...

Sadie is my little buddy...though she will barely look at me anymore. 5 years old, oh man...She is gonna be a whole lot of fun trouble.

Ruthann & Lynn said...

Love the pics, love your blog. I want blogging lessons from you. xoxo Ruthann

Kim said...

I totally get you needing a break- 4 of my 5 kids birthdays are in October and November- followed by Christmas and our anniversary- what were we thinking? Tell Sadie happy birthday, and do something relaxing by yourself!