Friday, January 9, 2009

WILL'S BAPTISM

Will was baptized on Saturday, January 3rd, 2009.
He was baptized by his dad. It is hard to believe that now 3 of our 4 kids have been baptized. We must be getting OLD.
Will has always been our "worry" child. When he was 17 months old he had a febrile seizure that his body was in for 30 minutes. He was life flighted from our neighborhood to Primary Childrens Hospital. When they arrived with him at the hospital they didn't know what was wrong. We worried that he may not make it. They determined that it was a seizure from a high fever. He had to stay in the hospital for 10 days because while he was in his seizure he asperated and his lungs were filled with fluid so he caught pneumonia. He had to take anti- seizure medicine for 1 year but has had no problems since.
When Will was around 2 years old he set his hand on the top of my curling iron that was plugged in. He had a 3rd degree burn about the size of a quarter that we had to take care of at the burn unit at the U of U Hospital. We made several trips over a few months to the hospital so they could take care of his burn. He has quite the scar on the top of his hand. It is a good thing he is a boy...and scars are cool.
When Will was 3 years old a window at the Yellowstone Old Faithful Lodge fell and broke his femur in his left leg. We had no idea how bad it was so we drove ourselves to the hospital in Rexburg...about 100 miles from Yellowstone. When we got there they did an x-ray and said his femur had snapped and they would have to do surgery to put a plate in. They said we were very lucky he didn't bleed internally because I guess that bone is very serious to brake. He also has quite the cool scar on his leg.
So needless to say...we are very happy he was able to be baptized and make such an important choice in his life. I know the Holy Ghost has already blessed him alot and will continue to be there for him. We are so proud of him and are very grateful he is in our family. We love you Will.Grandpa Roger and Grandma JudyGrandpa Robert and Grandma RuthieWe had lots of family come and support Will. Logan Davies and Austin Little are Will's two best friends so they came with their families. Thanks everyone for coming.We took our little family to the Garden Restraunt in the Joseph Smith Building for dinner. I forgot how awesome the view is in that restraunt. It was a great place to help celebrate his baptism.Gotta love that view!!!

13 comments:

fraGer said...

Nice job babe - That brings back lots of memories of that darn Will. He likes to get hurt! But hey, my mom would say the same thing about me.

I guess it's cool that Will and I both have the broken femur thing in common... :)

Natalie said...

I can't believe all of the injuries Will has had over the years! I remember the helicopter lifeflight when he was young. That was a scary one! He's made it this far. He's got that strong Dean/Nelson blood.

Fun baptism pics. Wow Em, 3 out of 4 kids baptized! Ya, you must be getting old...but I'm one day older than you! ;) And my 2 kids aren't baptized yet.

Natalie said...

By the way, I'm loving your playlist. Great tunes!

Nikki said...

I totally remember the day life flight came and picked up poor little Will...I am soooo glad he is okay. I actually remember all of those other little injuries too. That was a sweet little post...I just CAN NOT believe he is old enough to be baptized. Yes, Em, we ARE getting old...but we're loving it, right??? Right????

nielsons*love*family said...

wow! we're getting old TOO...we only have one left to baptize as well! thanks for the blog invite~:O) dorien

The "K" in JKD said...

what a great post...brings back lots of memories! It was so fun to be there with Will on his special day!

Melanie Chambers said...

Em, I am so sorry we didn't even call or mention the baptism. Looks like a fun time and I love your post about your little guy. He is so cute. I will always have an image of him sitting on your couch in his boxer shorts with his cast and a clear plastic bottle and then pulling himself around your house. What a cute little guy, plus he introduced me to the phrase "braddy".p

Kim said...

I remember when he had that seizure! It's amazing how fast time flies! We're glad he's made it to his baptism. Tell him congrats from us! (The Garden is our favorite restaurant- the fried pickles are soooo good!)

Tricia said...

Holy cow Em...I can't believe all the injuries and major scares Will has had in his 8 short years! That is amazing. He's such a cute kid. I'm glad the day went so great for him and your cute family!

Amy said...

I absolutely love looking at all your pictures of your kids before we knew them. It is amazing to see all the similarities between them. We too spent quite a bit of time at the burn unit with Ezra when he was little. Will and Ezra should compare hand scars!

melanie33 said...

i remember those incidents with will but did't put them all together! wow, he really has been a worry child!! I hope he didn't kill you for putting up the picture of him in his underwear, because I know jonas would!!
congrats on the baptism. and it doesn't mean you are getting old, just more experienced. :)

Amy said...

Your post brought back a lot of memories for me. Wow. I am so happy Will has made it through everything! You have such a sweet, wonderful family and I think you guys are just amazing!!! I love the picture with the temple behind your family. Eternal perspective is such a blessing.

Erika said...

I can't believe Will is eight. When we moved into the ward he was still in nursery. Only one more baptism left to go...then it's missions and weddings.