Tuesday, February 10, 2009

OH BROTHER!

Troy = Witty, Great Dad, Loves the Outdoors, Smart, Hard Worker, Loving, Great Photographer, Good Friend, Loner, Frugal, Loves his Nieces/Nephews, Funny, Free Spirit and A Great BIG Brother!!!

Mom, Dad, Amy and I went to visit my brother Troy this past weekend in Wellington, Colorado. Although it was a lot of driving and a very short trip...it was great to see Troy. He hasn't been home for 18 months. He has been living in a rehabilitation center in Colorado for an alcohol addiction. He is doing so great and it was fun to see where he is and what keeps him busy. This is where he lives.
One day a week Troy helps out on the farm to help pay for his stay there. He either helps with the animals or in Mom's Storehouse which is like a Deseret Industries. The other days he works as a Welder in town...he says he really loves his job.
This is the building where he lives. There are 16 guys that live there. Eight bedrooms with 2 guys in each room.Troy and my Dad
The "3" back seat amigos :)
We spent one night in Estes Park...it is about 50 miles from Wellington. It was absolutely gorgeous. It is really close to Rocky Mountain National Park. We spent a day driving through the park and doing a few hikes.
On one of our hikes.
We hiked a few miles to a water fall in the snow. The snow was packed so we could walk on it. When we got to the waterfall it was covered in snow. I hope to go back one of these springs or summers and take the kids there to explore the area more.
We are standing in front of "Bear Lake". It was frozen over with a few inches of snow covering the surface. We walked right across the lake. Kind of weird walking on a frozen lake.
This is how the ice looked.
Doing snow angels on top of the ice in the middle of the lake.
Troy, Dad, Me and Amy doing snow angels.
We sure had a great visit. WE LOVE YOU!!!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a great time. Family is definitely "The Best". I don't know what I would do without mine. I am sure your brother enjoyed having you there with him.

dave&abby johnson family said...

What a fun trip and such a cute fam you have! And I loved the detailed story about Roger, we love him so much!

Melanie Chambers said...

Oh Em, that is a cute post. I especially the love the snow angels. Wish I coulda been there.

Natalie said...

Wow, I have not seen a picture of Troy in years. Glad you guys got to go visit him. I'm sure it meant the world to him. I love your family! Your parents are the coolest.

Love the snow angels photo. You guys always know how to have fun!

janae said...

What a nice little trip. I loved the pic of your snowangel. I am glad that your brother is doing well.

Steph Bruce said...

You guys are an awesome family.

Lindz said...

How fun! I didn't know you were going!

nielsons*love*family said...

wow! i have a brother and kyle has a sister with those same addictions...it is a long road! glad your brother is doing well emily! xo

Tricia said...

What an awesome family you have! I'm glad you had such a great trip with them and that your brother is doing so well!

Murds said...

I think you captured it just right Em!