Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter Activities

It is hard to believe that March is just around the corner and with it comes nicer weather and the beginning of a very busy season...Baseball and Soccer... LOVE IT! It sure has been nice not having much of a schedule during the winter months. The kids haven't done too many extra activities. Below are some pictures of things that have helped keep the Dean's busy.

Rachel loves to dress up with as Mike likes to call them...
HUEY, DEWEY and LOUIE :)or otherwise known as:
Sydney, Zoe and Rachel
Will has had a great time playing Jr. Jazz Basketball. He is definately getting alot more confident when he gets the ball that he can actually make a basket.
It is fun to be part of such a great team. We are lucky to have so many boys in our neighborhood that play together. It is always fun to go to the games when you can sit by and visit with one of your friends.
Sadie has taken a few swim sessions at Fairmont Aquatics Center. I love to do lessons in the winter and spring because there are only 2 or 3 kids in each class. You can't beat the (8) 30 minute lessons for $24...and the (almost) private instructor. She is really doing well... almost all the way water safe.
Jake has been taking gymnastics up at the U of U for almost 1 year now. He loves being able to learn new things. He isn't much into group sports so this has been a great alternative for him, although he thinks he wants to try football in the fall...we'll see.He is getting really good at the bars. It is kind of hard to get a good picture because they don't want parents on the floor during their workouts.

7 comments:

janae said...

I need to do those swim lessons. I didn't know Jake takes gymnastics up at the U, good for him!!

Kim said...

Fun pictures! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Mandy said...

Cute post Em, tell Rach she is a very little weirdo!

Steph Bruce said...

Your kids have had a fun winter! I love the pics of Rachel et al. They could be the 3 amigas!

The Peach.... said...

Ooooh, I'm happy spring is right around the corner! But it looks like you've had a fun winter. I love the post about Roger, by the way. We think that's a miracle, too!!!!!

Melanie Chambers said...

you do such a good job on updating and journaling stuff. I miss you guys.

samandbrodi said...

Those girls keep this neighborhood fun. It is cool to see your kids all have so many different interests in staying active.