Friday, March 20, 2009

TAXI Mom :)

A day in the life of a TAXI mom...
Don't some days seem like you are in the car ALOT as a mom? Yesterday was one of those days and as I was laying in bed I was going through my head just how much driving around I did. I just wanted to share so that later on in life when I am not needed as much by my children, I will have days like yesterday to remember just how much I love being there for them...at least as their TAXI driver :)

6:00 AM...walking with neighborhood friends.
7:25 AM...drive Junior High carpool.
8:30 AM...drive Elementary carpool.
10:25 AM...pick Kristine and Brooklyn up for storytime at library.
12:45 PM...volunteer at Elementary school.
2:00 PM...diet coke run (a must have)
2:40 PM...pick up Junior High carpool.
3:20 PM...take Jake, Ezra and Brayden their 5 foot unicycles to ride home from school.
5:00 PM...pick up Junior High Volleyball carpool.
6:50 PM...take Rachel's soccer carpool.
8:00 PM...pick up Rachel's soccer carpool.
9:30 PM...lay in bed and watch MINDLESS tv :)

Sheeesh... I need another diet coke just thinking about it. The crazy thing is Soccer games, Baseball games and Track meets haven't even started yet. Thank heaven for carpools and the help of awesome friends and neighbors to get our kids around. I am not sure I could handle everyday like yesterday. I really don't know what I would do without my "8" seater minivan....my new BFF :)

PS....I am lovin this awesome spring weather....HOORAY for the SUNSHINE. I think since I am done with carpools for today, I will go out and get some sun on my face :)

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, it sounds ALL too familiar. I, too, am waiting for soccer practices, to join the dance, tumbling, and other such fun carpool adventures. But, just like you, I wouldn't change it for the world!

Lindz said...

Dang! Those days are the worst! I was just thinking about how much longer I had until Ash has her license!

Melanie Chambers said...

Strangly enough, I am looking forward to my minivan days. The minivan is no longer uncool. The minivan is the new "it" car:)

Love the pics of dad and the group too. Wish we lived closer. (do I say that a lot?)

Murds said...

I have "Mom Taxi" days too but it's the way I get to talk to my kids so I don't mind. I find they're really quite talkative if held captive in the car.

nielsons*love*family said...

ah yes, our lives in a nutshell! i always say if i had a kitchen in my mini van, life would be complete!

Amy said...

I am seriously fearing my life is going to get out of control in the next few weeks. I love Spring and all that comes with it.But I am constantly saying "I am just one person!"

Mandy said...

I feel ya on the diet coke run that is a must! Happy Birthday yesterday sorry I missed the cake, stupid work!