Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SCOUT CAMP (July 6 - 10)

Mike and Jake had their scout camp last week. They were gone 4 nights and 5 days. This year they backpacked in 5 miles to Cleveland Lake in the Unitahs. I sure hope these scouts realize how lucky they are to have Jeff Davies as their leader and Mike as the assistant. These guys are really patient and know how to have fun with these boys. There were 5 scouts, 2 leaders, lots of rain, fishing, fires, cards, frisbee golf and fun exploring everyday. Kristine and I were so glad when they were able to call us and say they were on their way home and they were all OK. I really hate not being able to communicate with Mike for so many days.

Getting ready to leave CIVILIZATION!
All packed up and ready to hike.They had to make a way across the river.The camp.Avery, Jake, Ezra, Nathan, Brayden
They did lots of fishing.
Getting ready for the POLAR BEAR plunge.Ezra, Jake, AveryJake caught his first fish.I couldn't believe it when Mike told me he gutted it AND ate it.
(He has always had a thing with textures and smells.)All packed up and ready to go back to CIVILIZATION!

2 comments:

jukebox6 said...

That is so great that Mike can be there to capture the moments. If I were to give the camera to Chris I probably would get it back with two pictures. One of a foot and another of a tree.

Natalie said...

Jeff & Mike would be the coolest leaders. The boys are lucky to have them.

Speaking of camps, you have to take a pic of the 24 kids in your yard this week!! Good luck! We're all excited :)