Rachel was able to participate in our Stake Trek last week. They went to Martin's Cove, Wyoming and were there 3 nights and 4 days. They trekked 6.4 miles the 1st day, 15.2 miles the 2nd day and 13. 4 miles the 3rd day = 35 miles. She had such a great experience. They had no injuries. A few people were sick from dehydration and blisters but other than that no problems. Her appreciation of the pioneers and all they went through so we could have our religious freedom grew. She really bonded with some kids in our ward and their love for each other grew. We are so proud of her and grateful for her positive attitude.
In 1998 (July 9 - 11) when Rachel was 2 and I was 5 months pregnant with Jake the Nelson family did a mini trek in Martin's cove. It was fun to look back at some pictures with Rachel before she left for her own trek to the same spots.
Rachel - 2 yrs
In Martin's Cove, Wyoming
Getting ready for our 6 mile trek as a family.Steve, Dad, Amy, Kristine, Mel, Mike, Me, Mom
The kids we pulled.Sage -3, Morgan -5, Rachel -2, Annie - 2, Lindsey -1


Fast forward 12 yrs....Monday July 12th, 4:30 am. Ready to get on the bus.
Sydney, Zoe, Rachel
Sydney, Rachel, Zoe
Britney, Ben, Bronson, Jada, Taylor, Rachel, Sarah
Her Ma was Britney and Pa was Bronson
They had the priests and laurels as the Mas and Pas.
Ellie and Rachel
Taylor, Rachel, Sarah, Ben, Jada, Bronson, Britney
Sydney, Lexi, Annie, Rachel, Steph
Ellie, Zoe, Meagan, Rachel, Emily, Holly, Rachel H., Sydney
Spencer, Ethan
Ellie, Ben, Rachel, Sydney, Taylor, Zac, Carter
Jackson
3 comments:
I swear I had a dress just like the one you are wearing when I was in grade school. It still looks like something I would refuse to wear. I hear TREK is hard. Way to go!
I'm so glad she was able to take a camera and have those awesome pics to remember it! After hearing about it and now seeing some of the pics, it looks like it was an AMAZING experience. And how cool is it that you and your family did it when Rachel was a toddler...awesome!
Those old pictures are funny to look at. I think I must've weighed 200 pounds. Yuck! Now that I have little kids I can't believe how hard that trip must've been for you guys with your little ones.
Post a Comment