I love this PEACE sign we were given from our friends the Jefferies' for Christmas. I am keeping it up all year long. LOVE IT!!!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
PEACE
Mike and I went to the temple last night and I just wanted to write my testimony I have of the temple for my kids. I want them to know I am so grateful to live close to so many temples and be able to go there and do service. I want them to know it is so important to live a life that you are worthy to go to the temple. As I was sitting in a session last night, I couldn’t help but feel such PEACE and how nice it is to leave the outside world when we are there. No phones, internet, TV, children, problems etc. I am grateful for a place to go and feel close to our Heavenly Father and feel the spirit. It seems like we have been given so many talks lately about temple attendance. Last Sunday in sacrament meeting Brother Campbell gave a talk about the importance of temple attendance and he says he goes 3 times a week and tries to do 3 sessions a time. I know he is older and has more time and isn’t busy with everyday life like we are, but still he has to physically get himself there which I am sure can be hard some days. Mike and I need to make more of an effort to at least go once a month. We are going to try really hard this year to make it past June. It seems like every year we do so good from January – June, but once summer hits it is so hard to get there. I was also grateful for the temple name I did yesterday because as I was getting ready to finish the session I looked and noticed her birthday was the same day as mine March 23, 1838…pretty cool 134 years before my birth year. I hope to do baptisms with Rachel and Jake more this year. One sister in relief society said when she turned 12 her dad took her to the temple every Friday. I am not expecting to do it that much, but how cool to get to go more with Rachel and Jake. We are lucky as Latter Day Saints to have a temple, so if it is hard for you to get there like me, I hope this year you can make more of an effort to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are amazing, you are so smart to write these things down so YOU remember what is important in life with the added benefit of your children being blessed with your testimony. Good job, what a great example to me.
I love this post - we have the same problem of making it partway through the year and then "falling off the wagon." Great post - and a great reminder!
Yeah, that's awesome. You totally take for granted being so close to temples. We have 3 that are all 3 hours away. So we are so grateful when the stars align and we can go. Love yah.
I SO needed to read this post today! =) Isn't it nice to know that we have such an awesome place to go to feel that "peace" when life is crazy around you. Thanks for the reminder! =)
Post a Comment