We had a little taste of what it's like to not have our family together for a "little" length of time. The boys were gone for 3 weeks and boy did we miss them. I'm not sure how in the world I am gonna handle missions, but I guess I will just have to. It was so great to see them at the airport and see all those boys come down that escalator together and know that they were all home safe. They had quite the experience exploring New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Washington DC, Gettysburg and of course their 10 day stay in West Virginia where the Jamboree was held and then finishing up in Williamsburg at Busch Gardens. During their tour they slept in nice hotels and then at the Jamboree they slept in tents with super heavy rainfall. The good thing is they were on cots so their sleeping bags didn't get wet. Below are pictures that one of their leaders posted to Facebook while they were gone. It was so fun to get updates and see our boys in pictures and know that they were actually OK. Jake and Will took a lot of their own pictures which hopefully they will put in a book or do something with one day :) They both said they were good at keeping a journal so they could remember how they felt and what they saw while they were gone. I am so glad they had this opportunity and got to experience it together. I asked them if they had many spiritual experiences and they said one that stuck out which I thought was pretty cool was since they had so much rain over a few day period their sacrament mtg was going to be during the rain on a grassy, muddy hill. Jake said that when Elder Neil Anderson, one of the twelve apostles, got up and spoke he said I have faith that this rain will clear at least while I speak so you can all sit and listen and not worry about the rain. Jake said the clouds spread apart right after he said that and it cleared up while he spoke. Shortly after he was through it started to rain again. I thought that was pretty cool :)
No comments:
Post a Comment