Wednesday, March 11, 2009
SPRING PIANO RECITAL
Rachel and Jake had their spring piano recital at my parents house on Monday, March 9th. They are so lucky to have grandma Ruthie as their piano teacher. She had never taught anyone how to play until her and my dad served their mission in Jamaica. She taught a few members there how to play the keyboard. I asked her if she would be willing to teach our kids after she got home. It has been really fun for the kids to spend time with her on Wednesdays for an hour or so. Rachel and Jake both really love to play. Rachel has taken for almost 5 years and Jake has taken just over 2 years. Will is excited to start taking in the fall. We sure love Grandma Ruthie and are so grateful for her talent of playing the piano.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so glad they're liking piano! Keep it up! Josh and Kristen just had a recital, too. Josh lives for piano. He didn't always- we had lots of fighting over practicing when he was younger. It is so rewarding now to see him take off with it- on his own. All those years of tears were worth it. Kristen likes it, but she's not quite to the point Josh is. We'll stick with it. Aaron still hates the piano, but I make him do it with me anyway. It's so good for them. Keep it up!
That's so cool that they get to take from Grandma Ruthie. She is so cute! I love your mom! It's fun that they get to play pieces they like too.
Mel, Brad and Chloe were there in spirit. You forgot to mention that Ruthie did not teach for a short 5 months when I took over. I can't believe you trusted me to do that, and really I didn't do anything but hang out with Rachel during that 40 minutes. Mom is the best. It was great talking to you today.
Love, Mel
Mel, You are right I forgot to mention that you took over while mom was on their second mission to Chile...but it was actually 18 months istead of 5 months. Boy I guess time sure flies when you are teaching Rachel you didn't even realize how long you taught her. You are also an awesome piano player. Too bad I didn't inherit some of those genes :)
Ellie just quit piano after two years. Argg! Sometimes it is just too much! I am proud of your kids for sticking with it.
I think the goal for for me this month is to get Jake to play a song for me on our piano! I know Rachel plays beautifully, but I haven't heard Jake yet. Jake is going to love this!!!!!
Post a Comment