Monday, May 10, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY

What a great Mother's Day surprise....on Sunday morning when I got to church and I saw Will sitting on the stand. I said "Why is Will on the stand?" Mike said "He is giving a talk". I couldn't believe it. I had no idea. Mike helped him write this talk below. Mike said Will was in tears that morning because he was so nervous and he didn't want to do it. I HAD NO IDEA!!!! (Needless to say Will gets to go on a date with Mike...I guess that was the bribe Mike gave him =). What a great job he did. I was in tears. I was quite impressed since he doesn't like to speak in public...I think he got that from me.

WILL'S TALK
There are many ways that I show my mother love. From the very simple things such as giving her a hug and a kiss to the more difficult things such as practicing the piano every day. I also show her love by doing what she asks of me, cleaning my room, saying my prayers and being nice to my brother and sisters.

My mother showers me with her love by helping me get ready for school, taking me to school and then helping me with my homework. But that’s not all, she’s also kind and gentle to me and hugs me when I am sad. She goes to all my soccer games and lets me play with my friends and she loves to tuck me in at night and kiss my cheek. This is how I know my mother loves me.

My mother is such a good example to me and teaches me so much. She teaches me that it is important to be nice to people and always include everyone. She teaches me to be kind to my brother and sisters and to be polite. She teaches me to love the outdoors and to be active. She teaches me that school is important and to get good grades. She teaches me to be a good person and friend.

My mother also teaches me that she loves the savior, Jesus Christ, and that I should too. She teaches me how to pray and to read the scriptures. She helps me to know that through the Gospel I can be happy and find peace. She teaches me that it is important to go to church every week and partake of the sacrament. Most of all she shows me what to do by being a good example. By following my mother, I will become closer to my Heavenly Father. By following my mother I will learn to love my Savior. By following my mother I will become a better boy.

Thanks for all you do for me mom. I love you!

Will - 9 yrs.I am so grateful I get to be the MOM to"4" great kids, Diesel and

don't forget Mike =)
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!These are the gifts I made for my mother and mother-n-law. They turned out very cute. I was quite impressed with myself since I came up with the idea on Thursday night and we were gone all day on Saturday that I could get all the pictures printed one hour and put it all together on Friday. They both really liked them. I think I need to make one for my table of our kids.

The "NELSON" bouquet...17 grandkids. The "DEAN" bouquet...8 grandkids.HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That was the sweetest talk! What great kids you have...I'm glad you had such a great mothers day! Cute gifts you gave too...they turned out darling!

Natalie said...

How fun to show up to church on Mother's Day and see Will on the stand giving a cute talk about YOU! Cool that Mike surprised you w/that.

The photo flower pots are darling! What a great idea. I bet Ruth/Judy LOVED them.

Excited for summer AND for Rachel's kid camp!! I'm glad a few of my neighbors jumped on it too.

The Peach.... said...

I think that if one of my children stood up to talk about ME in church I would cry myself into hysterics. That is the sweetest thing EVER.
And cute bouquets, I am totally going to try this!

melanie33 said...

how cute are those bouquets? adorable idea. And the talk? even more adorable.