Thursday, October 21, 2010

UEA break

The kids and I were lucky enough to spend a few days up at the cabin with Grandma Ruthie over the UEA break. The weather was unbelievable it was mid to upper 70s and the leaves were gorgeous. We played lots of games, rode the 4 wheelers (we were lucky enough to spot the moose), ate lots of junk and watched a few movies. Ruthie is so fun to just hang out with. I am so glad our kids are getting to know her so well. We love you Mom =)
On Saturday of UEA break after Jake's football game we decided since the weather was high 70s again we would go to Frightmares at Lagoon. It seemed like the perfect time to do Frightmares because it was open 11:00 - 10:00 instead of just 5:00 - 10:00 like it normally is. It was so fun getting to go through all the haunted houses they have set up and get to do the rides. It was just fun to be with our little family and get to spend the day together. You can see Rachel, Jake and Will on the far right of this ride. I think the rainbow is awesome in this picture. It was so funny they got drenched. Mike and I were laughing so hard when they got off the ride. We were SOOO GLAD we chose not to get on the ride.You could seriously wring out their clothes =)We sure were spoiled with great weather the whole UEA break!!!

5 comments:

The "K" in JKD said...

I love Grandma Ruthie too! I love the pic of the kids in their sunglasses! Good times on the 4 wheeler!

Tricia said...

What a FUN fall break you guys had. Lucky you to have a family cabin get-away and then go to Lagoon with your kids. Good times!

Melanie Chambers said...

I want to go to Frightmares sometime. You guys are having so much fun. Love yah.

Natalie said...

Cabin+Lagoon/Frightmares. You rock at being the fun parents Em & Mike. Fun times w/the kids. I agree, Grandma Ruth is one awesome lady!

Jen said...

I've never tried frightmares it looks like fun!